Easy access to the stunning Hawkesbury River
Our Spencer base is only a little over an hour from the north shore of Sydney in the centre of the majestic Hawkesbury River between Brooklyn and Wisemans Ferry.
So close to Sydney,
yet a world away!
Come and spend some time on the magical Hawkesbury River.
You too will come back relaxed, revitalised and wanting to stay longer.
Spacious & Relaxed
Rear Cockpit with relaxed all weather outdoor area. Flybridge with helm station and seating for six. Saloon with lower command station, dining, Fully equipped galley with two burner stove oven griller. Separate self contained bathroom with shower.
Comfortable Sleeping Quarters
Forward cabin has 4 berths – ideal for children. Mid master 2 berth cabin with it’s own ensuite. Large Queen Size Aft 2 berth cabin. Dinette can convert to double bunk. All beds provided with mattress toppers and summer/winter doonas. All linen provided.
Safety & Peace of Mind
- All in full NSW Waterways Survey for hire and drive.
- High water alarms to 3 x separate watertight compartments fitted with automatic bilge pumps and manual backup pumps.
- Electric anchor winch
- GME VHF radio, emergency channel 16
- Diesel inboard motor
- Full Safety Management Plan including emergency procedures
- Lifejackets, lifebuoys, liferaft, flares
- Fire extinguishers, fire blanket
Accommodation Plan & Supplies
Our boats come with the following:
- Linen including pillows, towels, doonas. Additional towels for swimming.
- Crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils, glassware, bottle opener, can opener, kettle, pots, pans, serving bowls, plastic containers, takeaway containers.
- Basic kitchen essentials such as alfoil, gladwrap, salt, pepper, white vinegar, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, light olive oil for cooking.
- Coffee, milo, tea, herbal teas, decaffeinated coffee.
- Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, emergency deodorant & toothbrushes, toothpaste.
- Cleaning equipment, dishwashing liquid, toilet paper and a garbage bin.
- 130L fridge onboard.
- Dual USB phone charger
- Gas BBQ
- Dinghy, Outboard motor and oars are included.
- Local area map Hawkesbury and Pittwater.
- Boat operating manual.
- Regulation safety equipment, including life jackets are on board.
- Full fuel and fresh water tanks
We had the most amazing weekend trip with Hawkesbury River Charter. Beautiful scenery, sunshine, swimming and fishing! The boat is incredible, really well looked after and was stocked with everything you could need. We were so impressed with it. There was plenty of space for the 6 of us. Jane and Brad were fantastic, super helpful and just really lovely people. Everything was an absolute pleasure – if you’re thinking about booking a houseboat holiday, choose them!!
“Thanks so very much for providing us with a wonderful, tranquil ‘getaway’ – the scenery was even more beautiful than we expected.” We don’t think that most Sydney-siders realise what a magnificent waterway we have so close and easily accessed from Sydney. “Aquarius” was really simple to handle and manoeuvrer for even us nautically-challenged land lubbers!!! The facilities and kitchen were great and accommodation was excellent – we’ll bring some friends next time we come – and come we will!!
Rhonda Barnett Sydney
“There may be closer charter operations in and around Sydney, but the small town of Spencer on the Hawkesbury provides a perfect base for John & Kris’ very personalised venture. Only a little over an hour from the lower north shore of Sydney, the drive enhances the whole ‘escape experience’ of getting away from the ‘big smoke’ without tiring yourself out getting there.
Like many things in business, dealing with a family operation has its advantages. They can be seen everywhere. Those small touches showcase the beautifully presented boat/s and Kris & John’s attention to detail makes it a unique experience, as customers are treated like friends, not just ‘another bunch of tourists’.
The township of Spencer gives you quicker access to the very distinctive and beautiful stretches of the Hawkesbury River. A couple of days feels like a couple of weeks…a great experience.
This is to all that are searching the net for getaways/ holidays/ honeymoons..
Do yourselves a favour and DO NOT pass up the opportunity of a lifetime to cruise on these vessels. We had two weeks for our honeymoon and if we had of searched far and wide of our world there would have been no better place that we could have started the celebration of our new life together. The views are ever changing and spectacular to say the least. To John & Kristine we would especially like to say and BIG thankyou for your expert advice, assistance and directions you are a credit to your business. Might I add also…..I was the gaff girl….. and I did drop the gaff into the water and the only time I did was when John was watching !!! …. how embarrassing !!!! J. We loved every minute on board and we had a lot of fun and would highly recommend this to anyone. We will definitely be back !!
Ian & Jenny Doughty